BUILDING BRIDGES BETWEEN PEOPLE
Building bridges between the Israeli and Palestinian people.
A HEART FOR PEACE makes it possible for Palestinian children suffering from serious, often life-threatening, heart malformations to be operated on in Hadassah hospital in Jerusalem, where they are cared for by teams of Israeli and Palestinian doctors who work hand in hand.
Vivement DIMANCHE - Michel Drucker
Download Print version A HEART FOR PEACE
OUR RESULTS to date
More than 680 Palestinian children suffering from severe heart malformations have been operated on in the Israeli Hadassah hospital in Jerusalem by mixed teams of Israeli and Palestinian doctors (20% of the children come from Gaza and 80% from the West Bank).
- 1200 echocardiographies carried out every year in the West Bank.
- 5 Palestinian doctors trained to perform echocardographies and/or catheterizations.
- 197 general practitioners trained in early screening.
- 1 female Palestinian genetics counsellor trained.
- 2 technicians trained: 1 in echocardiography and 1 in stress-test and Holter electrocardiography.
- A night-shift system has been set up to make it possible for children suffering from heart disease in the West Bank to be admitted to Hadassah hospital during the night.
- 6 portable cardio-scanners enable both diagnosis and a post-op follow-up of the children in the West Bank.